Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kevin Durant Not Invited to White House: 'I Didn't Even Know'

Filed under: Thunder, Sports Business and Media, FIBA World ChampionshipNEW YORK -- President Barack Obama invited all sorts of star basketball players Sunday to the White House.

If you ask Kevin Durant, Obama forgot to send an invitation to his neighbor.

The Oklahoma City star forward is from Seat Pleasant, Md., which he calls "a minute or so outside of southeast D.C.'' But while current NBA players LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Grant Hill, Chauncey Billups, Derek Fisher, David West, Shane Battier and Etan Thomas and legends Magic Johnson and Bill Russell were at the event attended by wounded war veterans, Durant wasn't invited.

"I didn't even know it was going on until somebody told me on Twitter,'' Durant said in an interview with FanHouse following his Team USA's practice Tuesday at New York's John Jay College in preparation for this month's World Championship in Turkey. "I would have loved to be there. I'm from DC, and I never had a chance to go the White House. It would have been cool. But there's always next year. Hopefully, they'll do it again and I'll be invited.survival gear ipl t20 online bowling

No comments:

Post a Comment