Friday, October 22, 2010

Golf Notebook: Tiger Woods on the Mend

Filed under: LPGA, PGA, Nationwide Tour, Golf Odds and EndsThe Chevron World Challenge, played in early December at Sherwood CC in Southern California, is Tiger Woods' event, held annually to benefit his youth foundation.

Everybody knows why he was a no-show for last year's competition. Only a few days before tournament week, Woods wrecked his SUV in Florida, taking out a fire hydrant -- and a lot of dirty laundry spilled out.

The father of two young children now is divorced and hasn't won a golf tournament since. That made Woods' media day appearance via satellite this week particularly interesting.

"Certainly, I'm a lot more at peace now," Woods said. "Everyone's getting used to the new living conditions. The kids are adjusting. I think everyone's certainly more at peace, and so am I, too.

"I learned a lot about myself, and I learned how things went wrong, why they went wrong and had to take a pretty deep and introspective look at myself. And there weren't a lot of things I liked about it. But I had to do it, and I did it and (am) grateful that I did. I think that I come from a much better place, much more grounded place now than I ever have before." Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

cheap supplements treadmill doctor risk board game chandlery medicine ball exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment