Friday, October 15, 2010

Bob Uecker to Undergo Second Heart Procedure Tuesday

by FanHouse StaffFiled under: Brewers, MLB Media Watch, Sports Business and MediaBrewers Hall of Fame radio announcer Bob Uecker will undergo a second surgery on his heart next week, the team announced.

The 75-year-old Uecker had surgery back in April to replace the aortic valve and aortic root. The second procedure became necessary because of a "pseudoaneurysm" or tear at the site of his valve replacement, which doctors believe may have been caused by a skin-related staph infection that entered his bloodstream and took root at the repair site some six weeks after the surgery.

"I'm approaching this with the same optimism that I had the first time, and I appreciate all of the kind thoughts and well wishes from Brewers fans and everyone who has reached out to me," Uecker said in a statement. "I have the highest confidence in the doctors and staff at Froedtert Hospital and I look forward to being ready to go well before spring training in Arizona." Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

footjoy golf shoes ski helmets horse supplies home gym equipment my calorie counter

No comments:

Post a Comment