Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tiger Woods Among Corey Pavin's Ryder Cup Captain's Choices

Filed under: Ryder CupTiger Woods was named by Corey Pavin as one of the four "captain's choices" for the 2010 Ryder Cup on Tuesday morning.

Stewart Cink, Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler (the first rookie to ever make the Ryder Cup team) joined Woods as well, and all four men seemed particularly excited about the opportunity.

"It's really exciting for me, obviously, to be included on the team," Cink said. "I think this makes my third time getting picked (as a captain's choice) which is getting close to a record. Which means I must not be that good at qualifying."

Woods, however, hasn't exactly had that trouble -- he's typically the first guy locked into the Ryder Cup, but obviously this season was different. Pavin refused, however, to acknowledge that he'd been thinking about Tiger's inability to qualify on his own.

"Well, what I was trying to do was not form any opinions until almost this weekend," Pavin said. "I didn't want to overburden myself so I just waited and waited and waited. Tiger's one of 12 guys on the team, and everyone's as important as the other." Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

asics nimbus khyam lakai shoes celtics schedule marine parts

No comments:

Post a Comment