Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reggie Bush Forfeits 2005 Heisman Trophy, Is First to Relinquish Award

Filed under: USC, HeismanReggie Bush is giving back his Heisman Trophy.

Bush, the New Orleans Saints tailback, announced Tuesday that he would forfeit the hallowed award he won at USC in 2005. Earlier this summer, the NCAA hammered the Trojans with severe sanctions due to improprieties involving their former All-American and record-shattering runner.

"One of the greatest honors of my life was winning the Heisman Trophy in 2005. For me, it was a dream come true," Bush said in a 343-word statement released through the Saints public-relations department. "But I know the Heisman is not mine alone. Far from it. I know that my victory was made possible by the discipline and hard work of my teammates, the steady guidance of my coaches, the inspiration of the fans, and the unconditional love of my family and friends.

"And I know that any young man fortunate enough to win the Heisman enters into a family of sorts. Each individual carries the legacy of the award and each one is entrusted with its good name. It is for these reasons that I have made the difficult decision to forfeit my title as Heisman winner of 2005."
More: Read Reggie Bush's Statement

fitness equipment boats for sale treadmill callaway golf cricket live score

No comments:

Post a Comment