Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pat Burns Still Alive, Despite Reports of His Death

Filed under: NHL CoachingLongtime NHL coach Pat Burns is alive and still battling terminal cancer, his family said Friday, debunking multiple reports that Burns had died.

Media outlets that initially reported Burns had succumbed to lung cancer at age 58 reversed course, with CTV saying it had "erroneous information" about Burns.

TSN's Bob McKenzie said on Twitter early Friday afternoon he had received a call from Burns himself, in which the coach begged to differ.

"Here we go again," McKenzie said Burns told him. "They're trying to kill me before I'm dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far f*****g from it. They've had me dead since June."

Burns recently returned home to Magog, Quebec, to be with family members as he continues to fight lung cancer. He has refused treatment this time after previous bouts with cancer.


More: Pat Burns' Death Reports False


The erroneous reports of Burns' death recall a similar situation in June, when reports surfaced on the internet that legendary basketball coach John Wooden had died -- only to be retracted shortly thereafter. Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

bmx parts cell tech vcbet teck deck circa shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment