Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mark Dantonio Heart Problem Reminds Coaches to Be Health Aware

Filed under: Florida, Kansas State, Michigan State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, Coaching
The hours and demands on your time are insane and the thoughts of health, exercise and diet tend to fall way down on the list of priorities.

Such is the life of big-time college football coaches in America.

"I think when you get into it, you understand the business," Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said Monday morning. "I've been a head coach for 20 years and I've learned how to pace my preparation. The first year I was head coach, on Wednesday night I was ready to play the game emotionally, physically and everything. I was wired. I think in a few years I learned how to delay that but I still wake up every Saturday morning like it's a national championship game. That's who I am. I guess when I quit feeling that way, I should go do something else.

"But I think we have to develop good habits as best we can and be a little lucky, too. You have to see doctors, do stress tests and all those sorts of things.You have to be very, very proactive there just because of the world we live in." Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

women\\\\\\\'s board shorts tickets now coleman tents wilson golf houseboats for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment